The Head of Individual Giving and Legacy will be responsible for acquisition campaigns including direct mail appeals, face-to-face recruitment, and regular giving; retention campaigns including ongoing communications.
Working to maximise In Memory giving and the Digital Marketing to test new online fundraising products and supporter journeys. You will manage and deliver an Individual Giving strategy; lead the development and management of the Shop and Donate individual giving programmes and activities; explore and test new income streams from individuals and work with the CEO on Major Gift research and other applications.
As we move through an extremely exciting transformation period with a new strategy and focus, we’re looking for a passionate and collaborative Individual to join our friendly and supportive team. You’ll lead on all individual giving (IG) fundraising activity, particularly in terms of retention and development.
- The role requires at least 15 hours office support per week and to be able to attend office two to three times per week (arranged in advance).
- Also, a commitment of at least three months.
- The normal office hours are 10 AM to 3 PM and you are required to bring their own lunch.
- Travel expenses (if any) must be agreed upon in advance with the CEO and will be paid at the end of the month.
- There may be the opportunity to attend other events or activities associated with the charity if wished.
- You will be expected to work within the ethos of Shop and Donate and have
high standards of practice.
- The need to respect confidentiality is paramount, as is a responsible and flexible approach to the work.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
- You are experienced, with strong direct marketing and cross-channel experience within a charity fundraising environment.
- You will have previous experience of fundraising, ideally in a campaign-led environment.
- Hands-on position focused on handling day-to-day charity activities.
- Good project management skills.
- Creative mindset.
- Implementation of marketing campaigns designs.
- Attention to detail.
- Understanding of literature.
- Knowledge and experience with social media application and marketing tools.
- Excellent working knowledge and comprehension of written and spoken English.
- Committed to producing high standards of work
- Reliable and organised
- Flexible and able to volunteer during the evenings and weekends
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Able to travel as and when required to meetings and funding events.
- Good communication skills both written and spoken
- Innovation and the ability to develop resources
- Good timekeeping and Winning mindset.
To apply for this job please contact: