You are expected to contribute to fundraising activities and the development of the organization’s external communications activities. We need you to focus on assisting the staff and the management to generate funding from relevant funders.
- Conduct research on potential funding opportunities.
- Maintain and update fundraising databases.
- Organise and help with traditional fundraising activities such as sponsored or promotional events, raffles, business-to-business and street collections.
- Work with mass media to promote events.
- Recruit and coordinate the work of volunteers during organised events.
- Assist in preparing funding proposals and reports.
- Assist in managing relationships and communications with individuals, corporate and government bodies.
- Approach individuals, schools, universities, local authorities, shops and commercial organisations for sponsorship and donations.
- Develop new fundraising ideas and events.
- Create reports related to Shop and Donate activities.
- Ensure Shop and Donate digital fundraising communications are up to date, relevant and engaging.
- The role requires at least 15 hours of office support per week and to be able to attend office two to three times per week (arranged in advance).
- Also, a commitment of at least three months.
- The normal office hours are 10 AM to 3 PM and you are required to bring your own lunch.
- Travel expenses (if any) must be agreed upon in advance with the CEO and will be paid at the end of the month.
- There may be the opportunity to attend other events or activities associated with the charity if wished.
- You will be expected to work within the ethos of Shop and Donate and have
high standards of practice.
- The need to respect confidentiality is paramount, as is a responsible and flexible approach to the work.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
While no formal qualifications are required we would like you to
have the following skills:
- Good knowledge of fundraising, previous experience of fundraising is not essential but is useful.
- Excellent working knowledge and comprehension of written English.
- Demonstrative proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Able to work as part of a team, liaising regularly with the Marketing volunteer.
- Committed to producing high standards of work.
- Reliable and organized.
- Flexible and able to volunteer during the evenings and weekends.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Able to travel as and when required to meetings and funding events.
- Good communication skills both written and spoken.
- Innovation and the ability to develop resources.
- Good timekeeping.
To apply for this job please contact: