As a Bookkeeper, you will keep financial records for Shop and Donate business. Duties include processing financial documents, performing accounting work and completing basic administrative tasks.
The bookkeeper is responsible for several duties related to managing financial records.
These responsibilities may include:
- Processing payments, invoices, and receipts and entering data into accounting software or databases then filing hard copies
- Preparing financial statements showing business income and expenditure
- Paying vendor invoices and tracking bank account balances
- Completing VAT returns (if any)
- Verifying the accuracy of business accounts and alerting the Accountant of any errors
- Recording any inconsistencies to help the Accountants reconcile inaccuracies
- Developing monthly financial statements including cash flow, profit and loss, and balance sheets
- Managing employee expense claims
- Helping the Accountant with administrative duties and preparing yearly accounts
- The role requires at least 15 hours office support per week and to be able to attend office two to three times per week (arranged in advance).
- Also, a commitment of at least three months.
- The normal office hours are 10 AM to 3 PM and you are required to bring your own lunch.
- Travel expenses (if any) must be agreed upon in advance with the CEO and will be paid at the end of the month.
- There may be the opportunity to attend other events or activities associated with the charity if wished.
- You will be expected to work within the ethos of Shop and Donate and have
high standards of practice.
- The need to respect confidentiality is paramount, as is a responsible
and flexible approach to the work.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
- You are experienced, with strong accounting and financial experience within a charity fundraising environment.
- You will have previous experience of accounting and finance.
- Hands-on position focused on handling day-to-day charity
- Good project management skills.
- Creative mindset.
- Implementation of marketing campaigns designs.
- Attention to detail.
- Understanding of literature.
- Excellent working knowledge and comprehension of accounting tools and applications.
- Committed to producing high standards of work
- Reliable and organised
- Good communication skills both written and spoken
- Innovation and the ability to develop resources
- You will need to complete an application form before being invited for an informal discussion with the Director and the CEO.
- You are asked to provide details of two referees on your application form.
- If you are unable to provide this information, a trial period will be arranged.
- You need to be DBS checked for this role.
To apply for this job please contact: